× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Photos troubleshooting tips

betty23
Aspirant

Hello all,

I bought the readynas duo about a month ago. Until a few days ago, my readynas photos was working just fine. Now whenever I share an album with a recipient, the email is NOT received. I can't think of anything that has changed.

I have tried sharing with gmail, yahoo, and university domains. Nothing.

I have tried unsharing and then resharing albums, rebooting and restarting the readynas, and trying to send from Mac OSX and from PC. Still the email is not received!

What can I do?

Thanks!
Message 76 of 108
vwmoose
Aspirant

Betty,

I don't know for sure but I'm guessing they are having problems with email confirmations and links etc as I've tried creating a readynasphoto login three times today with three different email addresses and haven't received any of the email confirmations.

Hope they sort it soon!

Cheers

Phil
Message 77 of 108
betty23
Aspirant

Hmm..

Is anyone else having this problem? Can one of the board mods confirm?
Message 78 of 108
jambalaya
Aspirant

Same issue it's appears to be both the user sign up email and invite emails for the photos. I started having issues on Friday evening 8/13 since then...some portal appears to be down at the dekoh website.

I'm surprised there isn't a failover of some kind.
Message 79 of 108
blueray1
Aspirant

betty23 wrote:
Hmm..

Is anyone else having this problem? Can one of the board mods confirm?

Also having this problem. Share emails are not received.
Message 80 of 108
Sunday_Afterno1
Aspirant

User sign-up is not working for me...
Message 81 of 108
betty23
Aspirant

Email is working again.
Message 82 of 108
Anthee
Aspirant

I´m having trouble to start the ReadeNas Photos service. When I start it and save from Frontview. And next time i watch the service in Frontview it is closed.
Message 83 of 108
betty23
Aspirant

Now I have a new problem! It's only been a few days since things started working again.

When the recipient receives a link to shared photos, he is prompted for a username/email and a password! This is so frustrating. It's SUPPOSED to go directly to the photos.

I have tried: creating a new photo account; rebooting the nas; starting and stopping the service. Nothing solves the problem.

I'm pretty disappointed with this experience. Anyway, can someone help me with this issue?
Message 84 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

When you share photos with someone that has readynasphotos account, they will be asked to login to access the shared photos.

This way, the shared photos link you sent to readynasphotos users cannot be used by other people, even if they had access to the link.
Message 85 of 108
signa
Aspirant

Internal Server Error?

Hi,
when the people, who I shared the photos with open the the link, they get a page saying INTERNAL SERVER ERROR and in the description it says "java.net.SocketException: Too many open files".
What can I do there?
Message 86 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

Re: Internal Server Error?

signa wrote:
Hi,
when the people, who I shared the photos with open the the link, they get a page saying INTERNAL SERVER ERROR and in the description it says "java.net.SocketException: Too many open files".
What can I do there?

Sorry about that. This was a problem is corrected now. Shared photos should be accessible.
Message 87 of 108
betty23
Aspirant

Now I no longer get the prompt for username and password. Instead, I see the blue readynas logo page for a couple of seconds, then it goes to blank screen. Tried this with several recipients and they get the same thing - just a blank screen on chrome and safari. On explorer it says unable to load page.
Message 88 of 108
jambalaya
Aspirant

I too have blank screen now. Everyone on the share email gets white screen. This started yesterday it seems
Message 89 of 108
betty23
Aspirant

Yep, now all I get is a white screen. At least someone else is getting it.

I began using this NAS about a month ago. Everything is working nicely, but readynas photos is just a string of constant problems. Seems like something about it is half-baked somewhere - either on the unit, somewhere on netgear's end, in the software, or a combination thereof. It's just been one frustration after another with this. I'm tired of having this work only to one day wake up and have it not work and then hear from everyone that I shared albums with that they can't access my photos.

Anyone have a solution to this blank screen problem? It would be nice to hear from one of the mods on the issue.

Thanks,
betty
Message 90 of 108
glennvander
Aspirant

Same issue here. In some browsers I get a blank screen but with Firefox you get a 500 Error with the following:

/2e8aeb98.a0f2398f.11cc0b206d95af30.8a/readynas/bookmark/2-3/3
Description:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.util.Base64
at com.pramati.bfly.cas.presence.api.facade.BflyURLConnection.decodeAddress(BflyURLConnection.java:700)
at com.pramati.bfly.cas.presence.api.facade.BflyURLConnection.getAddressFromCookie(BflyURLConnection.java:521)
at com.pramati.bfly.cas.presence.api.facade.BflyURLConnection.pipe(BflyURLConnection.java:486)
at com.pramati.bfly.cas.access.handlers.RemoteRequestHandler.handleRequest(RemoteRequestHandler.java:60)
at com.pramati.bfly.cas.access.filter.AccessFilter.doFilter(AccessFilter.java:67)
at com.pramati.web.servlet.core.PramatiFilterChainImpl.invokeTargetFilter(PramatiFilterChainImpl.java:243)
at com.pramati.web.servlet.core.PramatiFilterChainImpl.doFilter(PramatiFilterChainImpl.java:160)
at com.pramati.bfly.cas.login.api.auth.filters.AuthFilter.handleAuthenticatedRequest(AuthFilter.java:95)
at com.pramati.bfly.cas.login.api.auth.filters.AuthFilter.doFilter(AuthFilter.java:63)
at com.pramati.web.servlet.core.PramatiFilterChainImpl.invokeTargetFilter(PramatiFilterChainImpl.java:243)
at com.pramati.web.servlet.core.PramatiFilterChainImpl.doFilter(PramatiFilterChainImpl.java:160)
at com.pramati.bfly.cas.util.i18n.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:60)
at com.pramati.web.servlet.core.PramatiFilterChainImpl.startDoFilter(PramatiFilterChainImpl.java:120)
at com.pramati.web.interceptors.ServiceInterceptor.preProcess(ServiceInterceptor.java:114)
at com.pramati.web.interceptors.core.DefaultInterceptor.process(DefaultInterceptor.java:70)
at com.pramati.web.interceptors.core.InterceptorChainImpl.processNext(InterceptorChainImpl.java:48)
at com.pramati.web.interceptors.core.DefaultInterceptor.process(DefaultInterceptor.java:71)
at com.pramati.web.interceptors.core.InterceptorChainImpl.processNext(InterceptorChainImpl.java:48)
at com.pramati.web.interceptors.core.DefaultInterceptor.process(DefaultInterceptor.java:71)
at com.pramati.web.interceptors.core.DefaultProcessContainer.process(DefaultProcessContainer.java:97)
at com.pramati.web.core.WorkerThread.processConnection(WorkerThread.java:289)
at com.pramati.web.core.WorkerThread.processConnection(WorkerThread.java:263)
at com.pramati.web.core.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:129)
Message 91 of 108
jambalaya
Aspirant

I began using this NAS about a month ago. Everything is working nicely, but readynas photos is just a string of constant problems. Seems like something about it is half-baked somewhere - either on the unit, somewhere on netgear's end, in the software, or a combination thereof. It's just been one frustration after another with this. I'm tired of having this work only to one day wake up and have it not work and then hear from everyone that I shared albums with that they can't access my photos.

Amen to that I like the software but if Netgear doesn't support it they shouldn't even waste the time by including it with their hardware package.

It's obvious there are problems with the external server that the application is connecting with. Last week it email not getting sent this week it's something else.

Can we expect that this is going to happen on a regular basis? If so I need to look for other options.
Message 92 of 108
knowram
Aspirant

I just installed readynas photos and am trying to set it up but haven't gotten the account confirmation email and i tried setting up my account 20 min ago. Looks like email is down again.
Message 93 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

Currently I don't see any issues with emails. Hope you have received the confirmation email. In case you haven't , could you let me know the email address that you have tried to signup with?
Message 94 of 108
strange1
Aspirant

I have ReadyNAS Ultra6 with RAIDiator 4.2.15, and have a problem with using ReadyNASPhotos (got 'Invalid credentials' when trying to login).

What i did:
- install ReadyNas_Photos_2.2-x86.bin addon
- install ReadyNASPhotosInstallerWithJava.exe (v1.1) on my WinXP.
- start application, register on www.readynasphotos.com as user strange and sucessfully Sign in (for that step i have enter my http proxy server address in application options). Application (opens in Firefox 3.6.10) discover my NAS on address 172.16.10.106, but I cant use it!
- see page http://localhost/readynas/template/index.jsp?pageId=settings
---
Host Name: ULTRA6
IP Address: 172.16.10.106
+ Requires authentication for media share
Username:
Password:
---
- fill Username and Password fileds with my account, that I added to NAS, ('media' share sucesfully opens with that login/password from my WinXP 172.16.10.2) But i've got 'Invalid credentials' in case of strange/guest or even empty username.
- i try to change 'media' options to read/write to everybody or only to strange - nothing helps
- then I try using ReadyNASPhotosInstaller-2.0.RC1WithBundledJava.exe, and get same result.
- I have read forum about that promlems, find many same issue, but no answer, thet helps me or any detailed problem description.

What steps should i try to make ReadyNAS Photos works ?
Message 95 of 108
saneca
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I am using the Readynas NV+ in domain mode. I am logged into my pc using my active directory user name and password. I try to use the same username and password to connect to the readynas and it won't connect. "Unable to connect to ReadyNAS Photos share on 192.168.1.102. Is the ReadyNAS Photos service enabled ?" If I had a nickel for every time I've seen this lately! Anyone know how to connect to this thing. This would be a great service if it worked. I would love to share more photos than the 25Gb windows live space can hold and this seems to be a great way to do it. Thanks.
Message 96 of 108
pstoop
Aspirant

Same problem here. But I got it solved after some trail and error.
Working in the IT business for 20+ years, now, got me convinced that software design glitches loom everywhere.
Obviously there seems to be an authentication problem, here. So I started altering the NAS password for my ReadyNAS Photo user.
What I found out is that the authentication engine either ignores or misinterprets non-letter and non-digit characters in a password.
Actually, I had the same issue before when trying to set the NAS's admin's password containing special characters.
So only A..Z, a..z, and 0..9 are allowed in the NAS's password scheme.
Hope this helps,
Patrick
Message 97 of 108
BruceReed
Aspirant

Hmm, this is distrubing. I've used ReadyNAS in businesses for a few years, but just started using one personally and add-ons like Photos are appealing and one of the reasons I installed one in my house. The album manager/uploader crashes on Mac OS constantly as documented in other posts. I can't get a single album processed.

Agree with others here that because this is a Netgear supplied add-on it should either work or be moved into community status.
Message 98 of 108
malarky
Aspirant

does not 'discover' ReadyNAS from localhost

Hi,
I'm having a problem that I can't find described on the forum.
I've got a Duo. I've installed the photos add-on. I've got an account at readynasphotos.com. I've installed the java software on my Ubuntu netbook and run it from /home/[user]/dekoh.sh.
It opens:
http://localhost:1025/readynas/template/index.jsp?pageId=settings
in Firefox 3.6.17. I login.
The 'discover' circle goes around a few times and it says 'No ReadyNAS device found'.
I can 'Add ReadyNAS host' at 10.1.1.200, with no credentials, or with credentials and it says 'invalid credentials'. I'm guessing that the invalid credentials are because it can't find the ReadyNAS, not because it has an issue with the credentials.
Any help on where I should start with this would be greatly appreciated.
Message 99 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

Can you download and run RAIDar and see if it can discover your ReadyNAS ?

http://www.readynas.com/?cat=41

Are you able to connect to your ReadyNAS using the Frontview ?

-Minerva
Message 100 of 108
Discussion stats
Announcements