× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't find device after upgrading to 6.5.0

jvieira
Aspirant

Can't find device after upgrading to 6.5.0

Hello,

After upgrading firmware of my ReadyNAS 104 to 6.5.0 I can't see access my ReadyNAS.

Can't do it from web browser, neyther from the ReadyCloud Client Windows App (after updating it to version 1.12).

Now it just says that I don't have any device registered. If I go to the ReadyCloud Webpage and try to discover devices, it says that it can't find any device.

I also updated my account to a MyNETGEAR account before all of this.

Can anyone please help me?

ReadyNAS 104

Arm

Firmware 6.5.0

Windows 7 Professional

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jvieira,

Welcome to the community!

Did the ReadyNAS obtained an IP address from your network after it automatically rebooted? If you are in your home network, I suggest that you use the RAIDar utility to detect the ReadyNAS and see if finds it. Lastly, a cold reboot to the unit would help.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
jvieira
Aspirant

Hello,

Yes, it as obtained an IP address from my network. I can access it through my windows explorer, it asks me for credentials and I can read and write information in it.

I'll try the RAIDar utility.

I've already did a reboot.

Message 3 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jvieira,

Were you able to migrate your ReadyCLOUD account with your existing MyNETGEAR account?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
jvieira
Aspirant

Hello,

I was able to access the NAS. When I used RAIDar utility app, he found it instantaneously, but when I clicked "Access Admin Page", it wasn't able to access. For some reason, and after several attempts, I tried to use the former ReadyCLOUD account, and it prompted me if I'd want to use the new MyNETGEAR account and after that, if I'd want to bind them. So I did it and now it works fine. I just don't know why it didn't prompted me earlier.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jorge Vieira, Portugal

Message 5 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jvieira,

This action is required once the system is updated to the latest Firmware (6.5.0). I'm happy that you got your system running again and everything is back to normal. Since your issue has been resolved, we encourage you to mark this thread closed by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button in one of the responses that you received.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements