× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I am stuck

ÁG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am stuck

Hello,

I just want to share a folder so a friend can download some big files from my NAS. I don´t have too much knowledge on networks or NAS.... just use my NAS to storage videos and pics at home.

Steps I followed, without success:

1. I created a folder on /data with the files I want to share.

2. I created a user/pass so he can access.

3. I know how to open ports on my router, but I ignore which ports are used for the HTML protocol

Then I tried to give him permissions, but the system doesn´t show me the option.

I have read that I will need to know my IP so I can send it to him so he can download the files.

Anyway, if anyone know a way to do this, help will really appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,

Angel

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ÁG,

You can invite other cloud users by logging in to https://readycloud.netgear.com using the myNETGEAR account that you used in joining the NAS to ReadyCLOUD. You can then hover your mouse to a folder you want to share, then click the icon with a '+' sign. You may check this link for more detailed steps.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ÁG,

Welcome to the Community!

Is your friend going to access the folder remotely or outside your network? If yes, you can try setting up the ReadyCLOUD on your NAS. This will allow your friend to access the folder remotely. You can check this article on how to join the NAS to ReadyCLOUD and allow a remote user to access the shared folder.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
ÁG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response.

My NAS is already registered on the readycloud. However, the webpage says my NAS is offline. I use the raidar software, but whenever I try to manage my NAS, it sends me back to my local address and it doesn´t let me add any new cloud user.

Thanks for your help,

Ángel

Message 3 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ÁG,

You can invite other cloud users by logging in to https://readycloud.netgear.com using the myNETGEAR account that you used in joining the NAS to ReadyCLOUD. You can then hover your mouse to a folder you want to share, then click the icon with a '+' sign. You may check this link for more detailed steps.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
ÁG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked!!

Thank you very much.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats