× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Just got "Volume: The volume data encountered an error and was made read-only. It is recomm

chankla
Guide

Just got "Volume: The volume data encountered an error and was made read-only. It is recommended..."

The trusty old RN312, running the latest stable firmware (6.9.4), at about 66% capacity, just threw this at me:

"Volume: The volume data encountered an error and was made read-only. It is recommended to backup your data."

Other than buying another one and copying everything over, any other ideas?

-Henry

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
chankla
Guide

Re: Just got "Volume: The volume data encountered an error and was made read-only. It is recomm

One more thing:

Diagnostics say:

• 2018-10-15 22:11:09: BTRFS: error (device md127) in __btrfs_free_extent:6996: errno=-2 No such entry

??

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Something has gone wrong with the file system.  You could try paid support for this (my.netgear.com) if you want to avoid restoring data from a backup.  Though the data is at risk, so I do recommend backing up as much of the important data that you can.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements