× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAIDar shows healthy but cannot find device

Jeff123
Aspirant

RAIDar shows healthy but cannot find device

Today I login the account as usual, however the system says account is denied after put correct password, don't know why. Try to login the account via web, can logged in, but showing device is offline. RAIDar shows healthy status...

Try to recovery the password, pretty sure all the information are correctly put, but cannot go to next step.

Use the device everyday, don't know how this happen. Could you please help on it? Many thanks. (Model: ReadyNAS 202)

Message 1 of 10
jak0lantash
Mentor

I guess you were using a ReadyCLOUD account to access the NAS. Use the local admin account instead (default password is password). Look at the other threads, there is an ongoing issue with ReadyCLOUD.

Message 2 of 10
Jeff123
Aspirant

I tried that way as well, but still could not go into the account, can not access any folders... Any solutions from netgear yet?

Message 3 of 10
jak0lantash
Mentor

If you wish to attempt recovery of data that was inside deleted ReadyCLOUD home folders: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Home-Folder-Dissapeared/m-p/1257891#M127405

Otherwise, if you only want to use ReadyCLOUD again, access the local GUI with the local admin user and reactivate ReadyCLOUD.
WARNING: If you want to attempt data recovery, read the top link first.
If you want to recover the password of the local admin account: https://kb.netgear.com/22784/How-do-I-recover-a-lost-administrator-password-on-my-ReadyNAS-OS-6-stor...

For more info on what happened: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Home-Folder-Dissapeared/m-p/1258789#M127503

Message 4 of 10
Jeff123
Aspirant

Thanks for sharing the links. I have done the OS Reinstall, now can access into the admin page. All folders can be accessed,, but idividual files (pdf, word or excel files) can not be downloaded or opened...... Any solutions with that?

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Jeff123 wrote:

Thanks for sharing the links. I have done the OS Reinstall, now can access into the admin page. All folders can be accessed,, but idividual files (pdf, word or excel files) can not be downloaded or opened...... Any solutions with that?

Just to clarify - you can see the files, but can't open them?

Also, you are doing this from the web admin page, or are you accessing the folders with SMB (Windows File Sharing).

Message 6 of 10
Jeff123
Aspirant

I can see the folders, and sub-folders can be accessed too. But after go into the folders / sub-folders, all files like pdf files, word documents or excel documents can not be opened or downloaded...

Through RAIDar there is an "Admin Page", a webpage can be opened by click it. The folders can be found after login. so I believe it is from web. What is SMB? Can I access the folders and open files by that way?

Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Jeff123 wrote:

What is SMB? Can I access the folders and open files by that way?

Windows File Sharing.

For instance open file explorer and enter \\nas-ip-address in the address bar (using the real ip address of the NAS, and the correct \ character).

Message 8 of 10
Jeff123
Aspirant

I have tried the way of Window File Sharing, it could not let me login even... It looks like the same as I click "Browse" under RAIDar...

Currently I'm only able to login via "Admin Page" under RAIDar. I can see all the files in different folders, but can not open or download the individual ones, any solution?

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Jeff123 wrote:

Currently I'm only able to login via "Admin Page" under RAIDar. I can see all the files in different folders, but can not open or download the individual ones, any solution?

It's probably best to use paid support (my.netgear.com).

You could also try running CMD on a PC and entering 

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

Use the real NAS ip address and admin password of course.  Be careful on the slash direction and spaces.

The first command closes any open network sessions - if it prompts, let it proceed.

The second attempts to mount the NAS data volume as drive letter T on the PC.

Let us know if this works (and if not, what errors you see).

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements