× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN104 - Stuck "Booting..." after automatic 6.4.0 upgrade.

freakout
Star

^^ I bought my RN104 in November 2013 so I'm out of the free support period, unfortunately. I'm kind of hoping that a new firmware release will fix the problem (although I just installed the 6.4.1 beta release and it still hasn't saved me).

Otherwise I'll figure out some way of saving the data and trying a factory reset. Unless the geniuses here come up with a solution before then (fingers crossed!).

Message 51 of 54
StephenB
Guru

I still think support is worth a try - explaining very clearly that your issue was caused by the 6.4.0 firmware upgrade.

You might get offered support w/o charge.

Message 52 of 54
fxmail
Guide

Had same issue and had to do a factory reset...this was after tech support made me pay for support and then said my hardware was the issue and wanted me to pay for a replacement.  I got a second opinion and then they said it was my fault because I didnt balance the data before the upgrade.  I am not sure how I was supposed to know this?? This is very frustrating...I spent many hours trying to fix this, copy my data off and copy back on...I bought a NAS to protect my data and I have to use new USB drives to protect my data.  Why buy Netgear! 

Make sure you get your data off before you do this...You might have to boot inot READONLY mode and copy it off...tech support didnt know how to get my data off and I had to search the communities for solution.  after 2 weeks of working fine it is acting up again....I hope they can another firmware upgrade to fix these issues....I didnt have these issues until the upgrade.

Support doesnt seem to know anything.

Message 53 of 54
popster
Aspirant

Oh they know....

I have a feeling someone won't be getting their Christmas bonus this year after letting this update out the door.

Message 54 of 54
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements