× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Restore from ReadyNAS4 Inaccessible

Cryptodd
Aspirant

Restore from ReadyNAS4 Inaccessible

My Macbook disk recently failed. I had Time Machine humming along in the background and thought it would be a simple matter of replacing the Macbook internal disk and refreshing from TimeMachine.

When I try firing up Time Machine and accessing the backup using "ReadyNAS", I start Time Machine, can see the ReadyNAS, but the "ReadyNAS" username I had previously set up returns "You entered an invalid username or password". When I go into RAIDAR and view ReadyNAS FrontView, I see no "ReadyNAS" username. When I try to create that username, I receive the error "User name already exists [ReadyNAS]".

I can try to access the backup using my ReadyNAS admin account, but when I'm entering in the username and password into Time Machine, I receive the error "Time Machine cannot access backup "ReadyNAS". The operation could not be completed OSStatus error 2."

Is by Time Machine backup toast? Any thoughts on how to recover the Time Machine backup from my friendly ReadyNAS 4? I could try to create another backup from my failed internal disk, but I don't know if that will do any good.

Thank you for any pearls of wisdom.

TAT
Message 1 of 3
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Restore from ReadyNAS4 Inaccessible

The ReadyNAS user is internally used for Time Machine. In FrontView under Backup>Time Machine, you can set the password for that account.
Message 2 of 3
Cryptodd
Aspirant

Re: Restore from ReadyNAS4 Inaccessible

You are awesomeness incarnate. Worked like a charm.

Thank you!!! 😄

TAT
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements