Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS336Gv2 - No stable internet connection

fotoweltsturm
Aspirant

FVS336Gv2 - No stable internet connection

Hello,

I have got a problem with my Firewall:

1.) The performance of the web-interface is extremly slow.

2.) The internet-connection is not stable. It has got timeouts. 

The firewall is connected behind a DSL / Hybrid modem. The interfaces are configured in two different subnets (LAN: 192.168.2.0 & WAN 192.168.1.0). There is only one rule defined wich allows any traffic. I googled that the DNS Proxy can make problem, so I deactivated it but there is no improvement. 

I hope you can help me.

Best regards,

Florian

Message 1 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS336Gv2 - No stable internet connection

Hi @fotoweltsturm,

A few questions below:

a. If you will connect a PC directly to the DSL modem, are you able to go online just fine?

b. What is the current firmware version of the  FVS336Gv2?

@fotoweltsturm wrote:

The firewall is connected behind a DSL / Hybrid modem. The interfaces are configured in two different subnets (LAN: 192.168.2.0 & WAN 192.168.1.0).

Kindly set the DSL modem on full-bridge mode so that the Public WAN IP Address will be registered on the  FVS336Gv2.

I look forward to your response.  Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 14
fotoweltsturm
Aspirant

Hi,

a) If I connect my PC over a TP-Link Switch with the Speedport Hybrid it works perfectly. But when I set the Firewall between the Switch and the Speedport Hybrid the internet connection shows this worse behavior.

b) On Monday I installed the newest firmware which was available on the netgear site. I think it was 4.3.3-6

Unfortunaly I don't think, that the speedport hybrid has this feature.

Message 3 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi fotoweltsturm,

Have you confirmed with your ISP that the DSL modem (Speedport Hybrid) does not really support full-bridge mode?  If yes, is it possible that your ISP could issue you a DSL modem that supports full-bridge mode at no extra cost?  It's just a suggestion by the way. Smiley Happy  

Kindly try to reset the FVS336Gv2 back to factory default settings then reconfigure it from scratch.  Check if same problem occurs.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 14
fotoweltsturm
Aspirant

Hi,

the problem is, that the Speedport Hybrid uses DSL and in addition LTE to improve my bandwidth. So I have to use this modem.

Is there any other solution to fix my issue? While configuration the Firewall trough the webinterface I recognized that the performance of the webinterface is extremly slow. Could this be a hint to find the problem?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Florian

Message 5 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi fotoweltsturm,

A few questions:

a. Was the FSV336Gv2 working fine before with the Speedport Hybrid?

b. Have you tried to factory reset the FVS366Gv2?

c. What are the functions or features you need to use from the FVS336Gv2? Is it VPN?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 14
SamirD
Prodigy

The web interface for these units can be slow, but that doesn't mean that the router is running slow--it's just the way it is.  I've gotten used to it now because the router performance more than makes up for it.

If you've made static routes and messed around with any of the configuration settings on the netgear--stop.  That's where something might have been messed up.  Undo everything to bring it back to factory default or just factory default it.

Once you have done the factory default, connect it to the dsl router and see what wan ip address you are getting.  The dsl unit sounds like it has a router built-in, so you will probably be getting a 192.168.x.x. address.  The important thing here is that your netgear lan cannot be the same 192.168.x.  You will need to make sure the lan is something different.

Start with this and then reply back with any issues.

Message 7 of 14
xppro
Aspirant

Hi,

we have the same problem, we have performed a factory default and we have different lan address between DSL modem and firewall...
Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance

Message 8 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi xppro,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Since you mentioned that you have the same problem, does it mean that you are also using a Speedport Hybrid as DSL modem? 

b. Do you also have a private IP address  as the WAN IP Address registered on the FVS336Gv2?

c. What is the current firmware version of your FVS336Gv2?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 14
xppro
Aspirant

Hi Danea, thank you so much! 🙂 So: a) We have a standard modem provided by ISP (Telecom Italia) , the model is "Alice Gate VoIP" b) We have a packet of private IP address, and we have been configured one of them on the FVS336Gv2. c) Now we are working with 3.1.1-08 Thank you in advance Regards,
Message 10 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi xppro, 

You're welcome! 🙂  I am glad that everything is working fine. 🙂

Feel free to post your future concerns here in the community.

Cheers,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 14
xppro
Aspirant

Everything is working fine with this current firmware, but we need to update to 4.3.3-6 to use VLANS, and with this new relase we have the problem mentioned in this topic, how we can solve this issue ? Thank you
Message 12 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi xppro,

Since everything is working fine with firmware v3.1.1-08 then I think it would be best that you open an online case with NETGEAR Support.  NETGEAR Support team will be able to assist you to get the necessary logs on why the problem occurs on the latest firmware v4.3.3-6.  The logs will be possibly be forwarded to the engineering team for it to be analyze.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 13 of 14
SamirD
Prodigy

Try moving to another firmware version that has vlans.  It may work better.  Don't think of firmwares as sequential--think of them as 'feature sets' (with bugs affecting features in one version but not another--every smb router manufacturer is like this with their firmwares).

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements