× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

broadband disconnected

JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: broadband disconnected

@thegalline wrote:

John

Where do we stand with this problem? 

Has Netgear made any progress toward a solution? When can we expect to get a fix? 

It has been 2 weeks since my hotspot stopped working.

Please try the following:

1. Log in to WebUI

2. Manully create an APN use "b2b.static" as APN name with IPv4 chosen for both PDP and PDP Roaming

3. Check the radio button in front of the newly created APN to set it as default.

4. Mak sure Data checkbox is checked.

Let me know whether this works or not.

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 51 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

John

I do not know what WebUI is but I was able to create the new APN through the Netgear mobile app. I selected it and rebooted the device. No change. Will not connect.

Message 52 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

Problem found.

My hotspot has been running on the T Mobile system as a tablet. (T Mobile set it up when I bought it)

With the firmware update, the system realized it was a hotspot instead of a tablet. The T Mobile engineer I was working with changed my line to a hotspot data line and the device starting communicating right away.

If your hotspot is still not working you are on a tablet or phone type line and you will have to change your line type and T Mobile plan (at a lot more money).

Many thanks to John Peng for his assistance.

Message 53 of 66
atg321
Tutor

I have been having the same "Mobile Broadband Disconnected" problem for the past several months. NETGEAR sent me another MR1100 and I am having the same problem. I have T-mobile. I have a NETGEAR LB1120 working with no problems. NETGEAR blames T-mobile, T-mobile blames NETGEAR. Consumers are getting caught in the middle. EVERYTHING started after a NETGEAR firmware update. IS NETGEAR GOING TO FIX THIS ISSUE? We are talking $350 down the drain. Return my money if all I am going to have is a $350 paper weight..........

Message 54 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@atg321 wrote:

I have been having the same "Mobile Broadband Disconnected" problem for the past several months. NETGEAR sent me another MR1100 and I am having the same problem. I have T-mobile. I have a NETGEAR LB1120 working with no problems. NETGEAR blames T-mobile, T-mobile blames NETGEAR. Consumers are getting caught in the middle. EVERYTHING started after a NETGEAR firmware update. IS NETGEAR GOING TO FIX THIS ISSUE? We are talking $350 down the drain. Return my money if all I am going to have is a $350 paper weight..........

For T-Mobile customer, please contact T-mobile to upgrage your plan to Hotspot plan in order to use with MR1100. T-Mobile treated MR1100 and LB1120 as different device categories. That is why the same SIM card can work on LB1120, but not on MR1100.

Thanks

Message 55 of 66
atg321
Tutor

Well John, this device was working just fine until NETGEAR updated their firmware a few months ago. Why is the fault been placed on T-mobile then? When I bought this device it was advertised to be unlocked and capable of working with T-mobile. It did just that for lesss than 5 months. $350 for only 5 months of service is what I call A RIP OFF!!!!

Message 56 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

As we found out that T-Mobile limted the Tablet plan to work with MR1100. This is out of our control. One of customers did help to try downgrading to an older release and confirmed that after FW downgrade, the data connection didn't work either. So the issue was not really caused by FW upgrade.

Thanks

Message 57 of 66
atg321
Tutor

Well, as many other customers with the MR1100 are commenting on the internet, it was a big coincidence that all this happened RIGHT AFTER the NETGEAR firmware update. I guess we are out of luck and $350 and NETGEAR gets to keep our $$$ and just say it's not your fault. Sorry to sound so bitter but I don't believe in such coincidences.  $350 is a lot of money. Have a nice day!!

Message 58 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

The device still works with T-Mobile, but you need to get the right data plan.

Thanks
Message 59 of 66
JoeNDiver
Aspirant

John, I have two TMi lines, one static IP one not, using different APN, b2b.static, and fast.tmobile.com. I have two mobile routers, this M1, and a MoFi4500-4GXeLTE V2. For service, since where we live there are no broadband providers, we have to rely on unlimited data from Tmo reseller, on Tmo's grandfathered unlimited plans.

Originally I had non-static sim card in M1. Tmo blocked the sim in February from using M1. I figured that out by swapping Sims and settings. And both were working for a while, since B2B.static APN worked on M1. However, as of a few days ago, Tmo also blocked my B2B.static sim card from using M1. And now I am down to one mobile router, and M1 is blocked from using both Sims.

So why is it that another true mobile routers (with external antennas and wall wart power plug, not to mention industrial chassis) can work with Tmo, and M1 cannot? Why when there was talk of certifying M1 to work on Tmo to qork, it was ignored? Surely if ruralinternethq.com can get certification from Tmo for the routers they sell, you can too?

As a previous poster mentioned, this is creating a very expensive paperweight, and is damaging to the Netgear brand, showing the Netgear is not even as serious a player in Mobile Internet arena as much smaller brands as MoFi. As 5G is coming around the corner and everything will be mobile internet enabled, surely Netgear will be poised to lose that emerging market share if cannot play nice with the carriers like others.
Message 60 of 66
jimmyoakes
Initiate

Had one of these previously on ATT (unlocked) that I haven't used for months.Just decided to use it and all different sims including ATT give the same issue.

Tried the APN trick with no luck.

Here are the different set of active sims I tried -

ATT (for MiFi)

T-Mobile (for MiFi)

Google Fi (data sim)

O2 (UK data sim)

This is simply crazy. This is definitely not an issue with the providers as all these sims work fine with other devices from Huawei etc.

Any suggestions?

Message 61 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@jimmyoakes wrote:

Had one of these previously on ATT (unlocked) that I haven't used for months.Just decided to use it and all different sims including ATT give the same issue.

Tried the APN trick with no luck.

Here are the different set of active sims I tried -

ATT (for MiFi)

T-Mobile (for MiFi)

Google Fi (data sim)

O2 (UK data sim)

This is simply crazy. This is definitely not an issue with the providers as all these sims work fine with other devices from Huawei etc.

Any suggestions?

Please help to capture model.json log.

1. Open Browser and go to 192.168.1.1

2. Log in as admin. You can find the admin password on the product label under the battery

3. In anothe tab, open: http://192.168.1.1/model.json

4. Save the texts in a file and send a private message to me.

Please send the file for each SIM card.

Thanks

Message 62 of 66
modernuser
Aspirant

Does this still work to date? Are you getting Mobile Broadband Disconnected error as of today?

Message 63 of 66
AlyEll124
Aspirant

Re: broadband disconnected- no fixes yet

My ooredoo Nighthawk M2 puck keeps saying “Mobile Broadband Disconnected” and problem isn’t fixed when I shut off and start back up. I haven’t factory re set it yet, but I’ve taken the battery out and put back in to see if that would work, still nothing. Please help. It also won’t load to see if there’s any software updates on the puck.
Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 64 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: broadband disconnected- no fixes yet

Message 65 of 66
Bungycord
Aspirant

So my question is this.  If I dont have internet due to "Mobil broadband disconnected" how do I update firmware?

Also I have tried every trick under the sun plus a few sneaky back door shots and nothing.  My provider wont even reply to me so I'm paying for nothing at the momment.

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks.

Message 66 of 66
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7