Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor Not Recognizing Bitdefender for Armor on Mobile Devices

Briansf
Apprentice

Well I just downloaded the update for the NetGear Nighthawk-WiFi App on my iPhone 13. It's now V. 2.25.0.44 and it seems to have not fixed anything! Still can't get it to recognize Bit Defender installed on iOS devices. Bitdefender for Netgear Armor is still over 11 months old! I wonder what the update "fixed" anyway? 

Message 76 of 96
Jeffgear
Luminary

Likewise - I was excited to see an app update only to find out it fixes none of the Armor related issues. Oh well, eagerly awaiting the next exciting update… 😉
Message 77 of 96
Jeffgear
Luminary

Sadly the latest Orbi app update 2.26.0.61 issued this weekend has not resolved the Armor related issues.
Message 78 of 96
Briansf
Apprentice

Ya it’s not surprising. I’m hoping for a fix but it’s been so long I sometimes have my doubts. I still have along way to go until my subscription expires so I’m in for the long haul. 

Message 79 of 96
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This is total BS. Calling tomorrow and getting a refund or starting a class action lawsuit
Message 80 of 96
klt212
Tutor

Hi, I've had the same issue discussed for iOS devices on my Android device. I have a Galaxy Tab S8 Plus and a Galaxy S21 Plus phone. I have Armor security installed on both. Bitdefender is running on both. However, it only recognizes that it is installed on the tablet. About a year ago it recognized it installed on my cell phone. For some reason it just does not anymore. I've done several of he suggestions that I found in this post. I have gotten a couple of app updates for Orbi and Armor security but still have the same issue. I sure hope they fix this at some point. Thanks to everyone that has put in trouble tickets and provided fix suggestions.

Message 81 of 96
Briansf
Apprentice

It does seem to be a long time to fix such a small problem. I’ve said in the past that if the problem persists when my subscription expires I’ll be going to another product. When Apple, Microsoft and other large companies have software issues they seem to usually issue a fix within days if not hours. Bit Defender for Nighthawk is over a year old and counting with no updates! That sounds crazy to me. 

Message 82 of 96
Briansf
Apprentice

Has anyone benefited from the recent update to bitdefender? My iPhone and iPad still have the same problems. Bitdefender is installed but Netgear Armor does not recognize the installation. I'm just wondering if this "fix" actually worked for anybody. 

Message 83 of 96
Jeffgear
Luminary

No it made no difference.
The issue is either the Bitdefender app not reporting the device compliance status back to the Armor server (as reported via the Armor web console if you’ve ever logged into that), or the Netgear router’s API into the Armor service is not receiving the device status, or the Orbi app is unable to interpret the device status in the information it gets from the router.

I can’t see why this root cause is too hard to pinpoint and at least acknowledge where the issue is and there is a road map item to fix it: Bitdefender app, Orbit app, router code, or Armor back end service.
Message 84 of 96
Jeffgear
Luminary

Just installed the latest Orbi app update version 2.28.0.107 but sadly this has not fixed the iOS devices being shown as not running Bitdefender when they are. I’m not sure if the other bug where it thinks notifications are turn off is resolved as this state regularly toggles from day to day and it’s currently saying enabled. Both of these issues result in a low security score that gradually creeps lower over time. Also it’s still not possible to exclude work devices (laptops and phones) that it thinks are unprotected and eligible for the Bitdefender/Armor app.
I’ve not logged another case - I’ve logged half a dozen over the last 2 years and they keep getting closed with the statement “fixed in next app update”. I guess the Orbi app updates are to add compatibility for new models but what about resolving these long standing Armor issues that really do present Netgear in a poor light?

Come on Netgear you can do better than this.
Message 85 of 96
KellyOrbi
Apprentice

I just got my notice about automatically renewing Armor.   Since Netgear still hasn't fixed this issue AFTER TWO YEARS,  I cancelled my renewal.   Armor is pathetic.   Netgear should be embarrassed it hasn't address this issue yet.

Message 86 of 96
Jeffgear
Luminary

I certainly hear you KellyOrbi - it's frustrating to say the least. However I did renew my subscription as they were offering a good discount and despite the crap iOS status and notification reporting issues we've had to endure, it does provide a beneficial level of protection against web sites that are compromised or have a poor reputation for phishing. 

In summary the issues are:

iOS (and potentially some android devices) are reported by Orbi app as unprotected and eligible for Armor/Bitdefender despite these devices actually having Bitdefender for Netgear installed and successfully running in protection mode. 

Poor Orbi app Security status - it shows the total number of eligible devices but there is no direct way to list what they are. 

Erroneous notification status update - Orbi down rates the security score as it thinks notifications are disabled when they are actually enabled. 

No way to whitelist devices it thinks are eligible but cannot be such as some IOT devices it doesn't recognise or work laptops and phones that are managed by your organisation's IT Dept and cannot have the agent installed. 

No way to get further details of a vulnerability it reports e.g. a Raspberry Pi I have is still reported as having an issue but I have resolved it in the code.

No way to manually run a vulnerability scan to help troubleshoot issues like the above - you have to wait for the weekly scan. 

No way to whitelist a reported vulnerability if you know it's a false positive or low risk issue etc. 

Message 87 of 96
Briansf
Apprentice

I to let my subscription renew. I know that in the past I said that I would cancel it. After looking at other programs out there I found that BitDefender offers the most bang for the buck despite its faults. I'm able to do manual scanning on my Apple products. And that's just fine. I have noticed that Bitdefender scans my iPhone every once a while on its own. It's never done that before so maybe progress is being made. I guess I'll stick to Bitdefender. I also like their VPN. 

Message 88 of 96
Jacklcr1951
Initiate

Well, it’s been a year, today it’s 8/21/2023 and apparently the problem is still there.

my Netgear Armor doesn’t see any of my 4 devices ….says I have 0 installed.

Message 89 of 96
KellyOrbi
Apprentice

Yep.  Still broken.  At least they are offering Armor for half price since it is half way working.  🙂

Message 90 of 96
Jacklcr1951
Initiate

Both my PC’s show being installed but not my Mobile IOS devices . 2 iPads and 2 IPhones.
And I don’t want to pay for anymore Apps when this should be fixed, shouldn’t have to pay more. Thanks for the reply, at least I know I’m not the only one with this issue.
Message 91 of 96
OrbiFan10
Aspirant

Hi Everyone,

Hoping to see some progress into this ongoing issue. I'm a new Orbi RBE973 customer and my first problem I run into is this one!  I was puzzled about the very low security score of 69 after I had installed and connected everything. Thanks to all of you, I have been catching up on this saga of the software not recognizing installed instances of Bitdefender on my hardware-thus the low score.

Message 92 of 96
Briansf
Apprentice

Welcome! Be prepared for a long wait about Netgear nighthawk with BitDefender not recognizing iOS products. I've come to just take this problem with a grain of salt. I manually scan my iPhone every morning so it's no big deal for me. It takes a minute but it also gives me peace of mind. I scan my iPad whenever I use it. As for the low score part of the problem might actually be NetGear seeing your Notification setting is not turned on. A lot of times when my score is lower all I do is go to "security" click where it says your security score which brings you to "protection details". Then click on "view log". Then you'll have the "score log" screen. Now what I do is just back out of that screen and back out of the "protection Details". Now in "security" page your score might improve because "security notifications have been turned on". It doesn't work all the time. It's weird because I never change my notification settings. Must be nice to own an Orb system!

Message 93 of 96
OrbiFan10
Aspirant

Thank you Briansf.
Appreciate the details you provided. I would have thought such a level of product would have these issues sorted out by now given the large community of users experiencing the same.

Regards.

Message 94 of 96
Mcharp
Initiate

It's now January 21st 2024 and this is still an issue. Safe to say it's probably not getting fixed anytime soon. Will most likely not be renewing my subscription, especially when I found out I have to pay for ANOTHER subscription just to enable parental control settings. C'mon! We bought the equipment, give us control of it. Asus does..... Honestly not impressed with the app, limitations, and disregard of fixing long term issues, like not pairing bitdefender with armor... This has been a terrible experience and such a waste of my hard earned money.
Message 95 of 96
Gragorg
Tutor

Glad I found this post I was on the Armour trial and have these issues also.  I was going to subscribe but I think I will pass since it doesn't look like this issue will ever be fixed.  Crazy they would ask $100 a year for something so riddled with bugs.  Going to look at ASUS next time.

Message 96 of 96
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7