Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Online (VPN Disconnected)

BarryfromNL
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Online (VPN Disconnected)

Hello,

Barry here.

I have the same problem with the app. (v 1.12)

Everything was working fine untill the transition with the readycloud to my netgear account.

At this moment if i go to the readycloud webpage,  i can log in and see al my files, however, from the app, i get the same bull**bleep**.

Online, VPN disconnected.

Tried to contact Netgear, and the only answer i get is, we can not provide you with any service because you have it more than some months....??? Good service! Netgear changed my **bleep** and now its also my problem!? thanks a lot Netgear.

I hope you solve this problem soon. My new router is still under warrenty and i will return it if its not working the way it is supposed to.

Message 26 of 46
CIWY
Tutor

I am having the same problem, using Ready Nas (ReadyCloud Client v.1.3) on Mac OS X Yosemite.It connects but says VPN disconnected.

Everybody else in the office or from home is able to access it.

Is has been working once, but since then didn't work again. I can access online without trouble.

Message 27 of 46
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BarryfromNL & CIWY,

Was this problem being experienced on another PC? or ReadyCLOUD user account? The problem might be with the app installed on the computer that you've used.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 28 of 46
DeeeBeee
Aspirant

Also the same problem (VPN Disconnected) for me.

Since several weeks I have problems to access my NAS RN102.

Now for the first time I see in the readycloud software a message (VPN disconnected). When I check the network connection (Leaf networks adapter) I see also some difficulties.

I add some screenshots to give you a view on this info

It would be great to receive a claer and final solution!

.Netgear Readycloud VPN disconnected (Leaf Network adapter) 16082016.JPGNetgear Readycloud VPN disconnected (IPv4 & 6 no access) 16082016.JPGNetgear Readycloud VPN disconnected 16082016.JPG

Message 29 of 46
DeeeBeee
Aspirant

I think Netgear had different problems with the one login switch. It feels like they had lots of problems to migrate everything to they servers.

Today after some messing arround I received a message that my NAS was linked to another email adres. Because I had since several months problems to login (I think caused by a problem in the netgear firmware), I did some kind of reinstalls.

I used 2 80gb old disks to install the latest firmware on my NAS. (My original Western Digital 4gb Red harddisks were not accessible anymore). The 2- 80gb disk worked perfect. But readyCloud didn't...

So after this message, toaday I tried to login with my old email adress -> result -> could reach my NAS. Retried with my new email adres and FLOEP! It strarted working again.

I also uninstalled my readycloud app and reinstalled the latest ReadyCloudSetup -v1.12.1259.456 version. And yes, also this reaction was fine. Actually I'm readycloud connected again. Also access via my android phone (readyclou app) is working again.

I Cross my fingers...

Message 30 of 46
CIWY
Tutor

actually I am the only one having trouble with it. Now with the new programme installed, it actually connects, but doesn't get me access to any of the files.

Message 31 of 46
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DeeeBeee & CIWY,

Some migrated (old) ReadyCLOUD accounts had problems and making a new account, works wonders for those who are affected by this problem. Just ensure that your ReadyNAS is connected to Cloud properly by having both Internet & Services marked online under the Cloud tab. Lastly, the ReadyCLOUD e-mail address shouldn't be used by any local user in your ReadyNAS.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 32 of 46
amorenojr
Aspirant

I am having the same "Online (VPN Disconnected)" problem. Is there a solution to this? All other users are able to access but i am not, I am the admin. Please help.

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 33 of 46
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi amorenojr,

Can you confirm if your ReadyCLOUD admin (e-mail address) is registered as an e-mail address by one of the registered local users (under Accounts)? Also, tell us if you have files saved on each ReadyCLOUD private home folder/s.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 34 of 46
amorenojr
Aspirant

I believe the little key in the icon next to my email signifies I am the readycloud admin.

I am registered as a local user with read/write access to all locations in the NAS.

Again, other users have successfully logged in and gotten access to the NAS but when I log in under the email i am using I get "Online (VPN Disconnected)".

I have turned the Cloud Service off and on and still nothing. I really need to get remote access to my NAS. Can you help me?

Message 35 of 46
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi amorenojr,

Thanks for your feedback. Let me rephrase my question, does your ReadyCLOUD login e-mail address is also registered as an e-mail address by one of your local ReadyNAS users?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 36 of 46
amorenojr
Aspirant

yes. that is correct

Message 37 of 46
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi amorenojr,

Thanks for your fast response. More likely this is the reason why you cannot access your files. Try changing the e-mail of the said local ReadyNAS user to another one then test accessing the Cloud using your ReadyCLOUD admin account.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 38 of 46
amorenojr
Aspirant

Negative. Did not work. What else you got?

Message 39 of 46
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi amorenojr,

That's the only workaround that we do when a specific account cannot login to the ReadyCLOUD (or can login but cannot access the files). More likely this is an issue with your ReadyCLOUD login. Kindly report this to our support team (via chat) have a support ticket that will be raised the next level (tier 3) support.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 40 of 46
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello amorenojr,

Make sure none of Accounts > Users does not have the same email address that you have under Accounts > Cloud Users.

If that is already done, turn off then turn on the ReadyCloud under Cloud tab.

Regards,

Message 41 of 46
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi amorenojr,

Are you still having issues with ReadyCLOUD?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Comm

Message 42 of 46
amorenojr
Aspirant

The problem was resolved by leaving ReadyCloud and re-registering the device. That's was the only thing that worked.

Message 43 of 46
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi amorenojr,

I'm glad it's all working now. Well, that procedure is the last thing that we suggest (aside from escalating the case) and it's not even recommended if there are files stored in each ReadyCLOUD users private (home) shares.

Kind regards,

BrianL 

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 44 of 46
grindstr
Guide

Hi!

I have the same problem not accessing ReadyCloud shares using Iphone or Ipad. The connetion displays "online" but connecting ends with "Disconneted" after trying for 5-10 seconds.

Logging into ReadyCLOUD with a computer works ok.

Is there a solution to this problem? 

grindstr

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 45 of 46
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello grindstr,

Please try creating a new thread for the issue with your ReadyCloud app in iOS device.

I will be locking this thread for now.

Regards,

Message 46 of 46
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements