× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Access the Web interface from any routed VLAN

These Plus switch web interface can only be accessed from the default VLAN 1. This is restrictive. Could a future firmware include the ablility to access the web interface from all defined VLAN's on the switch and not only VLAN 1.

2 Comments
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kabigears,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I assure you that our development team will review your post and assess which features or functionality should be implemented on the switch you are referring to.  While I do not have any information on this particular topic at this time, we greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

I encourage you to continue offering valuable feedback and continue to support good ideas by giving Kudos.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

bascaves
Apprentice

Hello,

I switched from Linksys TL-SG108E and TL-SG1024DE to a Netgear. I ditched the TP-link switch because of their bad VLAN1 implemenation. ALL ports remain in VLAN 1. I don't want to use the native VLAN1 at ALL.  I.e. my internal network behind my Netgear nighthawk R7000  is on VLAN2 (192.168.1.0/24) 

VLAN 3 is my  open-internet VLAN with my ISP settop boxes and connection to the ISP's cable modem. 

So I want to reach the web interface of my Switches and R7000 Router and R7000 Accesspoints on VLAN 2 (192.168.1.0).

With the SG108EV3 this doesn't work.

So you drop one vendor on their bad implementation of VLAN1 and DOT1Q trunking to another one that has another louzy implementation.

Please ensure that the Management interface VLAN can be changed.

Brgds,

Bas.