× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

TLS 1.3 Support

Given that your entire product line of ProSafe Smart switches only supports up to TLS 1.0, I'd like to suggest that you start working on making TLS 1.3 available.

Especially, since TLS 1.2 has been around since 2008 and you should really be embarassed that your business line of switches only support insecure communication methods.

15 Comments
User00
Star

Firmware v6.3.1.43 now supports TLS 1.2

It's not TLS 1.3, but I'll gladly take this over the others.

Please keep going Netgear....

Thanks and Happy 4th!

Image158.jpg 

jibjubja
Aspirant

Will you make for XS712TV1 as well? Without TLS 1.2 or 1.3, Chrome always shows security warning

User00
Star

@jibjubja - Sadly, that's highly, unlikely considering v1 of that particular model is End of Life. (though I'm guessing it wasn't when you acquired it)

HandyHat
Observer

Although the switch configuration page only reports TLS 1.2, the switch interestingly does actually support TLS 1.3 - I'm not sure why they've neglected to mention that in the release notes or on the configuration page itself.

User00
Star

Oh, I think there's been so much neglect with regards to these switches - it surprises me not one bit.