Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again

mirand76
Initiate

Model R7200 Nighthawk App IOS Version 2.5.0.47 - Device Manager - No device found!

Issue with Nighthawk App iOS version 2.5.0.47, on app Device Manager shows No device found!  Before Nighthawk App updated to this version 2.5.0.47, Nighthawk App showed Device Manager devices.  After App updated, it is not working on any iOS device.  Can't revert to order version Nighthawk version, which was working before App update.  Updated iOS device OS, same issue. Tried on NOT updated Nighthawk iOS device and still works until App updates.  It is the Nighthawk App update the issue.  AC2100 Device have the latest firmware update and Nighthawd App previous version Device Manager on App was working.  It is not the AC2100 device firmware.  Netgear needs to revise Nighthawk App for iOS and fix it. the only reason why I use and like Nighthawk App is that I can see the connected devices on any iOS device and Android device.  I haven't checked on an Android device to see if there is the same issue with the Nighthawk App.

Model: AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 51 of 175
seeiler
Guide

Re: Model R7200 Nighthawk App IOS Version 2.5.0.47 - Device Manager - No device found!

I’m hoping for some resolve soon and will likely only get answers from those of you that still have support. My router is past the date of any support options so I can’t get help from them. Glad I’m not alone, but this is super annoying!
Message 52 of 175
Tremac
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

I have the Netgear07 router and after the latest update this morning, I haven’t been able to manage my devices. It keeps saying no devices found. Please help.
Message 53 of 175
Ll627pro
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

I just updated nighthawk to version 2.5.0.47. Device manager no longer detects any device. Reboot router, reinstall app does not help. Called tech support and he needs to get on my computer. Rejected.
Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 54 of 175
seeiler
Guide

Obviously it’s an app issue so you’ll have to use a different route to control devices. In my situation, I had the fire stick turned off and then updated the app and could no longer see connected devices on the app or have the ability to manage them. I used the routerlogin.net page to access my router info and it showed me all of my devices so I was then able to unblock and allow my fire stick access. I’ve at least been able to manage my biggest concern which was being able to use the internet on my devices, however the app is still messed up so hopefully they will get to fixing any issue soon. At least I can use the internet on my devices now.
Message 55 of 175
J4home
Aspirant

Just did the netgear nighthawk firmware update this morning because I kept getting an urgent message every time I opened up the app on my phone. Now it shows 0 devices connected to our router. But there are obviously a lot of devices connected. I really need to disconnect a few of those devices so my kids don't waste their life away in front of a screen. HELP! (I rebooted the router and deleted and reinstalled the app - neither worked)

Message 56 of 175
seeiler
Guide

Use routerlogin.net and admin for user and your password, this is for the router not your app. I was able to view devices this way and allow or block access through it.
Message 57 of 175
VadaPav
Aspirant

Re: Model R7200 Nighthawk App IOS Version 2.5.0.47 - Device Manager - No device found!

basic things does not work for thousands of buyers so wondering what is going on and no device found is very frustrating as already we wonder which device and even earasing device names and now no device at all found?
Message 58 of 175
mroll27
Aspirant

Hi,

I've tried all the recommendations below, and nothing has worked either. I'm using IOs latest Nighthawk app, and latest firmware. I've tried rolling back to 2.0.0.28 with no success either.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 59 of 175
KiLLwithME
Aspirant

same thing here .... bt ..

wanna say sumthin ....

i never saw in my entire life worse than nighthawk R7000 mobile app .. problems wont stop .. never ever.

still lukin 4 new router ... damn ... coz i had enogh.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 60 of 175

Who knows how close they monitor the Forum Community, my guess is, not that much.

It does say to "Please continue to reach out to us at netgearteam@netgear.com if you're having any issues"

Maybe we should send an email with our issues to that address, at least they will notice their inbox getting full with claims.

Message 61 of 175
orko1978
Guide

This morning I opened the app only to find, "critical app update". Installed App version 2.5.0.47 and yet... "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again", is still the only message I can get from the Device Manager. I'm shopping for Ubiquiti gear now.

Message 62 of 175
joerod101
Initiate

Agreed. I just sent an email.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 63 of 175

I allso just sent and email to netgearteam@netgear.com asking for help.

Everyone should email them until this gets fixed.

Message 64 of 175
orko1978
Guide

I e-mailed them as well. Absolutely ridiculous that an upgrade would break the whole purpose of the app and futhermore, all you people who are telling us to login to the router and do this or that, get in the right forum please. We are all here because we are dissatisfied with the ability to manage our routers remotely without the use of a computer. If the app doesn't work, make an announcement and tell us what you're doing to fix it, or simply recall the 'update' and make available the last iteration that actually worked.

Message 65 of 175
seeiler
Guide

I get that, but I also came to the forum for help since I wasn’t getting any from Netgear. I am dissatisfied but I also thought it would be nice to be helpful as well, especially to the people that needed access to control their devices in the meantime since it can’t be done from the app. A forum is a place where ideas can be shared on a particular issue so thanks for your pointless suggestion, but I did go to the right place for it. Sorry you have no use for the suggestions people have offered.
Message 66 of 175
Turbo74
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue.  So frustrating!

Message 67 of 175
orko1978
Guide

If you don't know how to manage your devices without the app, I don't know why you'd be in the app forum. Walk, then run. If you going to disagree with me, at least use civil discourse. I did say please.

Message 68 of 175
orko1978
Guide

***UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE***

I have made a breakthrough on this issue.  In my particular case, this worked!  If you don't have an extender connected to your network, this may not apply.  Here is my setup and the steps I used to fix this.

1. XR500 Gaming Router

2. EX7700 Extender

Setup your SSIDs with Smart Connect enabled and make any modifications you want to the IP range, admin credentials, etc.

Toggle the following settings to 'No', Enable One WiFi Name and Sync Configuration from NETGEAR Router

- Change your SSIDs (both 2.4 and 5GHz), to something different than your Router's broadcast. i.e. add a # 2 or something

- Next ensure you are on different channels for each of the networks i.e. 8 on the router and 6 on the extender

- Save, reboot and power cycle your phone

Tadah!  The app now works 🙂

Message 69 of 175
dpweller
Guide

Orko1978 - we all know how to manage our routers without the app. The point is Netgear keeps release versions of the app with the one feature you even want it for no working. This is two versions in a row with this problem, my issue started with 2.4.24.1. Now they have released 2.5.0.47 and even more people are affected.

The only reason I have the app is for a convenient way to block my kid’s device such as Xbox or PlayStation from the internet. Let’s say it’s midnight and I’m lying in bed and I hear my son yelling and screaming in Fortnite. I don’t want to have to get up, go down to my office, log into my computer and block his console. I know what you are going to say...you can do that through safari or chrome on your phone. Have you ever tried to interact with DumaOs on your phone browser? Terrible.
Message 70 of 175
tolson37
Aspirant

I've got the same issue now too.  The nighthawk app on my iphone 11 pro stopped showing all the connected devices.  I really used this alot to shutdown my daughters devices at certain times.  I tried deleting the app and re-installing.  rebooting my router too...

I can get to the devices by logging in via my macbook pro thru safari just fine.

Seems like it just happened with the latest release of the apple Nighthawk app.

Message 71 of 175
DaltonMac
Aspirant

I just sent them an email too!

Message 72 of 175
orko1978
Guide

You clearly didn’t read or understand my post. It’s a fix for your app problem. My app is now working as intended.
Message 73 of 175
DaltonMac
Aspirant

I guess I misunderstood. Could you send me the work around. Thanks
Message 74 of 175
mirand76
Initiate

Model R7200 Nighthawk App IOS Version 2.5.0.47 - Device Manager - No device found!

Tested Nighthawk App  Version 2.5.0.47, Device Manager works and it is confirmed on Android devices.  It shows all devices.  

Nighthawk App IOS Version 2.5.0.47 - Device Manager - No device found! It NOT WORKING on any iOS devices or OS versions.

Netgear needs to address this issue.. It is a problem only shown on the latest Nighthawk App version.  Does matter what firmware version or WIFI router, at least on the ones that I tested.

Model: AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 75 of 175
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7