Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again

shanafan
Apprentice

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

Still broken for me. Even tried deleting the app, and installing it again.

When I click on Device Manager, it says "Sorry, the action has failed. Please try again,"

I have a XR500.

Message 101 of 175

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

Not available on my App store yet it seems.

Message 102 of 175
mmont00
Tutor

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

Same issue here. Just bought the xr500 and no devices in app. Can see them only through DumaOS via browser.
Message 103 of 175
mmont00
Tutor

I am on android. Saw that there was a fix for the Apple devices, but don't see one Google Play Store. ?
Message 104 of 175

@mmont00 wrote:
I am on android. Saw that there was a fix for the Apple devices, but don't see one Google Play Store. ?

All the reports here have been on iOS devices. Android did not suffer from the same fault. So no need for an app update.

My Android Device Manager can all see attached devices. But I do have to "refresh" the display to get at them.

Message 105 of 175
Turbo74
Aspirant

Finally!
I go to bed last night and my son is again yelling at his game, and I text him to please be quiet without a response, still yelling. I check the long shot to see if my app is working, and it is! All the devices are showing! I shut him down and quiet at last. Thank you, Netgear!!

It’s now version 2.5.1.10.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 106 of 175

@Turbo74 wrote:
I shut him down and quiet at last.

Tee hee.

Message 107 of 175
Phycodes
Aspirant

I haven’t been able to get devices via web portal or the app for a few months now. Even with the app update I get “Sorry, the action was failed” and the web portal just shows 0.

I even rolled back firmware but still no luck
Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 108 of 175

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Message 109 of 175
jsflew
Aspirant

Fixed! Thank you!

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 110 of 175
dpweller
Guide

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

App still doesn’t work. Garbage. I have been a life long Netgear user. With all the issues with the app and the DumaOs not working properly and releases taking soooo long, Netgear is losing a once loyal customer.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 111 of 175

Updated my app and now I can see my devices. I have an AC1200.

I didn't get an 'update' message from the app or the App Store, had to search for the app on the Store and tap on it and then I could see the 'Update' button .

This seems like an iOS issue but I was finally able to updated it and i works now!

Message 112 of 175

@dpweller wrote:
With all the issues with the app and the DumaOs not working properly and releases taking soooo long, Netgear is losing a once loyal customer.

If you need more help with DumaOs, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Message 113 of 175
mmont00
Tutor

Hmm. Interesting. I was unable to see devices on either the iPhone version 2.5.... and the Android version 2.4... Had a chat with Netgear and they said the app has issues that will be fixed on the next release. So why is it that some are able to see devices and others can't? My xr500 firmware is up to date.
Message 114 of 175
Appleg
Initiate

Good afternoon.
I came across a fix accidentally which restored my ability to see all devices connected. I unplugged the modem and router from the power source and unplugged the CAT cord, letting it sit for about 5-10 min, then plugged in the modem and router back into the power source, finally I connected the CAT cord to the modem and router. Upon refreshing my Nightawk app i was able to see all device that is connected.  hopefully this helps.  Good luck.

Message 115 of 175
plwhlr
Aspirant

So Disappointed...

I have used Netwgear Nighthawk brand for years! never had a problem till I bought this model.

I cannot see device manager which makes this a brick that I cannot use this has been going on for a year, I've been on this site looking for fix which appearantley does not exist...after YEAR! come on this is rediculous! at this point may have to abanded Netgear go with a more solid manufaturer that actually will fix their MAJOR issues.

Also got an update today...still does nto work!!

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 116 of 175
mmont00
Tutor

No luck on disconnecting power/network cable.  Still shows nothing in devices on both Android and iOS devices.  Not sure what the problem is.  DumaOS is great (with the exception of parental controls) for looking at the devices that are connected.  I wish the app worked so I don't have to constantly log in through a browser.  Very annoying.

Message 117 of 175
Lofty24
Aspirant

After updating my firmware, I too am not able to see the devices on my NG app ! This is insane . I had a couple of devices that I turned off from the NG app and now I have no way of getting internet on those devices . Rebooted and everything .

I also created a ticket and recd an email to call NG with a ticket # . I did and I was 37th (!!!!) in the queue ! The ticket# was supposed to “expedite “ my call , according to the outgoing message . Really ?
Message 118 of 175

To give internet access to your device you will have to do it from a browser, go to routerlogin.com and log in.

I had the same issue but it got resolved after they updated the app last week.

Good luck!
Message 119 of 175
Lofty24
Aspirant

Thanks ! I’ll try that .
Message 120 of 175
mmont00
Tutor

Yeah, you should be able to log into the router through a browser and turn on all blocked devices.

Another bug I noticed was that when I first installed the router is that it saw my extender right away. After noticing that the signal from the router was strong enough and I didn't have to use the extender, I unplugged it. Then DumaOS did not allow me to delete the device because it "was still being used". I don't know how the router can "see" a non-powered unit and not let you delete it. I had to reboot the router and then it allowed me to delete. Seems that there are bugs everywhere - nighthawk app & DumaOS. Kind of dissapointing since I just bought it.

One last note to others on this chat. Set your options to not automatically update the firmware. I have learned in the past to never update firmware until it has been vetted for at least a few months. I bricked a WD device by having it automatically update and they had to send me a new one since it was under warranty.
Message 121 of 175
Lofty24
Aspirant

It worked ! Thanks again 🙂

And yes , I do not opt in to any automatic updates . Great advice !
Message 122 of 175
sandman83cu
Aspirant

Yes, as far as I can tell this is still affecting XR routers. I have the XR700 firmware ver V1.0.1.20, the latest as far as I can tell, and running the app ver 2.5.1.10 on iOS 13.4.1. As users with the XR500, I am still getting the "Sorry, the action was failed" message. Maybe it has to do with DumaOS interfering with the app somehow? Netgear should look into it.  

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 123 of 175
mmont00
Tutor

Just FYI - if you haven't already, I would recommend opening up a chat session and letting them know. I think the more tickets they open, the faster they will respond. Hopefully!
Message 124 of 175
Phycodes
Aspirant

Solved mine yesterday. I downgraded to two versions below the current and still wasn’t working. I then reinstalled the latest firmware and THEN did a hard reset.

I now see all devices in admin GUI and the app. Hope this helps at least one other person.
Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 125 of 175
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7